Workshops and Seminars!
Here at Synergy Physio we are passionate about education! Keen to learn? We offer expert educational tools for physiotherapists, for yoga teachers and also for our patients. Our broad range of learning options are designed to assist you toward your goals in understanding your pain, helping guide your yoga classes safely or treating your patients with confidence.
Please browse our list below for upcoming workshops, retreats, podcasts, lectures and online learning opportunities.
- Are you keen to learn more about the complex hip and pelvis?
- Would you like the opportunity for a one day workshop, covering theory in biomechanics and also hands on practical work?
- Or would you like the option for at home learning with online lectures taken at your own pace?
Nichole Hamilton’s enthusiasm for education and background in teaching began in 2007, with her first lectures on the management of hip and pelvic pain with North Sydney Sports Medicine based on her extensive experience alongside her orthopaedic colleague Dr Michael O’Sullivan. This soon developed into her current one day hip workshop for physiotherapists.
Nichole’s aim is to provide a supportive learning environment with practical assessment and treatment skills that can be used the next day in your clinic. She looks forward to meeting you on her next workshop!
In addition to her one day workshop, Nichole has also provided a vast array of online learning options (podcasts, webinars) for physiotherapists with World Health Webinars and also with Clinical Edge. She has also assisted Barbara Hungerford and also LJ Lee on weekend workshops, as well as lecturing at the ASUM annual conference in Brisbane (2016) and the World Yogafest (2017).
One Day Workshop for Physio’s: “The Irritable Hip”
“The Irritable Hip” – A one day workshop for physiotherapists that provides a combined understanding of anatomy, biomechanics, exercise prescription and an integrated understanding of different elements that can contribute to hip pain in individual patients. Nichole’s aim is to provide a supportive learning environment with practical assessment and treatment skills that can be used the next day in your clinic.
- What is hip arthroscopy?
- What causes acetabular labral tear?
- How does the lumbo-pelvic region and lower limb chain contribute to hip joint problems?
- How can we tailor rehabilitation unique to each patient?
Your questions answered in this workshop!
This one day workshop combines theory and practice to give you a greater understanding of the pelvic and hip region! Nichole outlines reasons for labral tear and anterior hip load, as well as analysis of hip functional and structural impairments (including FAI and dysplasia) that may contribute to hip pain. She outlines practical tests for lumbar-pelvic and hip dysfunction that can be used in the clinic the next day. She also outlines other biomechanical dysfunctions within the lower limb chain and trunk that can have an effect on the hip. Examples of suitable manual therapy and practical demonstration of rehabilitation exercise in line with the 12 week post-operative protocol will be included for you to start using in the clinic on Monday. A thorough and practical course on this complex region, that helps you look outside the square and assist your patients recover from hip pain!
- “Great mix of theory and practical with good case histories, thanks Nik” Dr Tom Cross
- “This course not only enhanced my management of these patients, but also improved my abililty to prescribe closed chain lower limb and core training for a wide variety of lower limb and lumbar pathologies. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!” A.Wafer
- “Nik’s explanations are easy to understand and apply, for biomechanical assessment and rehabilitation” Sydney May 2016
Registration and workshop dates
- Sydney 16th August 2016
- Melbourne 30th July 2017
Workshops by Nichole Hamilton will be managed by Clinical Edge Pty http://www.clinicaledge.co
Once your payment has been processed with Clinical Edge, a receipt will be emailed directly and confirmation details can be found on course confirmation page. This workshop has a practical element, please wear comfortable clothing. Tea/Coffee/Light snacks/Lunch will be provided. A comprehensive manual and post-operative arthroscopy protocol will be included. For questions please contact Clinical Edge.
Hip Arthroscopy Post-Operative Protocol
The following post-operative protocol is available to physiotherapists for the purposes of patient care and guidance after hip arthroscopy. Please be advised this protocol remains the intellectual property of Nichole Hamilton and Dr Michael O’Sullivan and may not be reproduced or used for any other purpose other than for which is stated.
Free Video Download:
Online video support is provided for physiotherapists to assist with patient rehabilitation following surgery. This short video is designed as a guide for physiotherapists to assist in the post-operative physiotherapy rehabilitation of patients following hip arthroscopy. It is not designed or intended to replace individual patient assessment, clinical reasoning or specific post-operative instructions from an orthopaedic surgeon. It describes a simple three phase rehabilitation program for patients following hip arthroscopy, as well as ideas on postural advice and manual therapy in the weeks following surgery.
- Are you a patient seeking a learning environment to help you answer questions about your pain or injury?
- Do you seek qualified expert advice from well respected physiotherapists to assist you to help yourself move forward from pain and injury?
Our team at Synergy Physio welcomes you and we look forward to sharing our expertise with you. We offer a wide range of courses, retreats, and workshops all designed to help you get back to doing the things you love and improving your health!
We offer a 5 week Mindfulness Meditation Course, Dance Injury Prevention Workshops, Back Pain Retreat Days and our Healthy Hip Program at regular intervals throughout the year.
Like to know more? Click here to access our courses page for patients!
- Are you a Yoga Teacher or Yogi seeking education for a qualified physiotherapist on injury prevention and management?
- Are you wanting to know more about how to prevent injury in your yoga class?
- Is pain preventing you from practice and you would like to know what to do about it?
Nichole has studied and practiced yoga for over 10 years. In 2011 she qualified as a yoga teacher under the expert tuition of Being Yoga. Nichole combines physiotherapy and yoga practice to assist in injury prevention and recovery from pain.
With a passion for education Nichole has developed a series of online resources for yoga practitioners and yoga teachers! The videos provide information on anatomy and injury prevention during yoga practice, with a focus on typical problem areas that can occur for yogis.
Like to know more? Click here to access our yoga physio page! We also offer FREE video downloads for yogis on a videos page!
Also see our brand new sister website The Yoga Physio for online education resources for Yogis!