Are you looking for a professional small group course to improve your health and wellbeing?
Here at Synergy Physio we offer a variety of small group courses to assist your health. Each of our courses are run by our professional physiotherapy team and designed to give you a complete package of self help tools, only to benefit you! Browse our list of courses below to explore the options you have to improve your health and wellbeing.
Our courses are run at regular intervals throughout the year- contact our friendly reception team on 07 5448 3369 to find out when the next course of your choice is running!
Birth and Beyond
- Are you pregnant and interested in a healthy pregnancy, delivery and post birth body?
- Are you worried about your stomach or pelvic floor after delivery?
- Are you interested in learning safe and effective exercises to do during pregnancy?
- Do you want to do pregnancy Pilates?
- Interested in meeting other pregnant women in your area?
Join women’s health physiotherapist Rebecca Reiss on our 4 week pregnancy workshop- Birth and Beyond!
Our 4 week Birth and Beyond course is run at regular intervals throughout the year. This course was designed to help women PREVENT problems after giving birth and EDUCATE women on how to help them have a happy and healthy pregnancy. This workshop will offer a 30min discussion of a different topic each week:
- Your body during pregnancy and how to manage aches and pains!
- Common conditions during pregnancy and how to prevent and treat them
- Postnatal recovery Week 0-6
- Postnatal recovery week 6 and beyond
You will also participate in a 40min Pilates class which will cover how to engage and exercise your pelvic floor and will provide you with safe and effective exercises and stretches that you can do whilst pregnant and continue doing after delivery which will help you recover. We will discuss what exercises to do safely during and after pregnancy and how to recover your body and stomach after delivery. Our course is evidence based and therefore you only get the facts!!
Included will be your 4 weeks of pilates, take home manual, access to online resources and a chance to give yourself the gift of a healthy pregnancy and body beyond birth. If you are pregnant then this course is for you! It offers all you need to know for pregnancy and postnatal recovery!! It also includes a FREE 30 min massage voucher!
Spots are limited so be sure to book fast! Contact us on 5448 3369 for queries or to reserve your place on our next course. Health fund rebates apply.
Next 4 week course dates: July 16th Mondays 6.30pm
Calm Living Mindfulness Meditation Course
- Stressed? Overwhelmed? Anxious?
- Are you interested in learning how to meditate but don’t know where to start?
- Do you want a supportive learning environment that is based on neuroscience and offers simple and effective techniques to try?
- Did you know that the benefits of meditation include improved brain function, calmed stress response and anti- aging?
- Did you know you only need 10 to 20 mins a day to reap the benefits?
- Sign me up! Join physiotherapist Nichole Hamilton on a 5 week mindfulness meditation course!
Our 5 week Calm Living Mindfulness Meditation course is run at regular intervals throughout the year. Based on the work by Michael Daly, this 5 week course offers 5 evening classes, manual, and online learning program with audio.
You will learn the art of stress management and different breathing techniques to calm anxiety, manage pain and reduce the effects of overload and fatigue. You will also be taught a number of different effective mindfulness meditation techniques to assist you to improve focus, manage stress and calm the mind. The course also guides you through understanding how our brains work and respond to stress, as well as bringing tips on Calm Living into your daily life.
If you have heard of the benefits of meditation, yet you’re not sure where to start and want a simple effective and science based approach, then this 5 week course is for you!
This course is always popular and regularly books out! Cost $185 and bookings are essential as spaces are limited- contact us on 07 5448 3369!for queries or to reserve your place on our next course.
Next course dates: 27th August 2018
Back Pain Retreat Day
- Frustrated and tired with the cycle of back pain?
- Have you had too many differing opinions and want some clarity?
- Are you seeking time out in a positive supported environment to understand more about how to move forward with your life and back pain?
Synergy Physio now offers our One Day Retreat in the beautiful Sunshine Coast Hinterland town of Montville. This retreat day includes quality time with a team of experts all here to help you understand more about your own spine and how to help yourself.
Our one day retreat includes:
- One on one physiotherapy consultation
- Dietary and naturopathic advice from guest speaker Dr Vanessa Doyle
- Self help tips in understanding pain
- Stress and pain management ideas with mindfulness meditation
- Postural secrets to reduce back pain
- Simple exercise tips to improve spinal stability
- Gentle yoga session
- Guided relaxation
- Take home education pack including your own yoga and pilates video
Lunch is included and discounted accommodation packages are available. Like to know more?
Telephone: 07 544 83369
Contact our friendly reception team for enquiries and reservations or simply send us an email [email protected] Health Fund Rebates Apply.
Next Retreat Date: February 3rd
Rise and Shine Beginner Yoga Course
Would you like a short 45 min morning yoga class run by a qualified physiotherapist? Are you interested in yoga but not sure where to start? This 5-week course is for you!
Our Rise and Shine 5 week course is run at regular intervals throughout the year, 7am on Tuesdays. Designed for the early risers and the beginner to intermediate yogi!
Start your day off with a gentle flowing sequence of yoga postures and short mediation. Suitable for beginners!
Health Fund Rebates Apply, contact us on 07 5448 3369!to find out when our next 5 week course is running!
Dancers Feet Workshop!
Are you a dedicated dancer? Keen to learn more about how to keep your feet healthy and happy- ready for the perfect pointe!
Register now for our Dancer’s Feet Workshop where you can learn all about keeping your feet and ankles happy and healthy while you dance!
Hosted by our qualified Physiotherapist, Weronika Tobolska has extensive experience treating and assessing dancers who commonly suffer from troublesome feet and ankles.
Come along to our 1hour workshop where you can learn some tips and tricks including:
- Foot and ankle anatomy and common injuries in dancers
- How to prevent injury
- Exercises to keep healthy dancing feet!
- FREE Spikey ball and FREE Exercise band to take home
Pre-Pointe and Pointe Students welcome, please wear comfortable clothes as you will be practicing exercises!
Cost: $25pp – Parents welcome to stay and watch for free. Private Health Fund Rebates Available!
This popular workshop is run at regular intervals throughout the year- next workshop date: 28th June
Bookings essential – to secure your place, please call Synergy Physio on 07 5448 3369!