With the current uncertainty that surrounds our health, it is essential that we communicate with you about what we are doing here at Synergy Physio to ensure and protect your health.
Your health is a priority and our whole team at Synergy Physio has worked together to ensure our services continue to support your needs. Watch our short video here.
Covid Safe – patient policy – How you can help us
- All patients required to check in via the Covid-Safe app upon arrival
- From Dec 17th, all patients requested to wear a mask in treatment rooms
- Please wash your hands with soap prior to entering the waiting room and sanitise your hands regularly
- Please maintain social distancing where possible
- Please STAY AT HOME if you are unwell or have been identified as a close contact with a Covid positive or potential covid positive person.
- All group therapy exercise classes- we ask for you to bring your own towel and wash your hands prior to class. Our class area is spacious and open, we ensure all equipment is cleaned.
- If you are unvaccinated, please wear your mask at all times when in the clinic
- In the event of a local covid positive outbreak, all patients will be required to wear a mask at all times while in the clinic or they will be asked to reschedule
Covid Safe – Staff policy – How our staff will help you
- If you cannot check in via the app, our admin team can do this for you
- Contactless temperature checks will be made at reception
- Admin will ask you to confirm the following:
- that you have not returned to Australia from overseas in the last 14 days
- that you have not had a fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or other cold/flu-like symptoms in the last 72 hours and are otherwise well.
- That you have not been in close contact(as defined in the current CDNA guideline (CDNA guideline)) with someone who has COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- That you have not previously been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Staff will wear masks while in treatment rooms and to maintain social distancing where possible
- Staff are required to complete government approved Infection Control training modules specific for the allied health industry
- Staff have been provided with a covid safe plan specific to Synergy Physio outlining the policies, procedures and protocols provided by the Queensland government and Chief Health Officer surrounding Covid-19
- Whilst our bed towels and cover slips are already single use, in the event of confirmed local cases, Synergy Physio will change to disposable products and continue to disinfect all high contact surfaces with approved Covid-19 disinfectants and cleaning products
- Staff are required to stay at home even if they are unwell and must return a negative covid test prior to returning to work
- Classes will be slightly shorter to allow for thorough cleaning and less congestion between classes at reception
- Cleaning schedules have been implemented with increased sanitising of common areas and thorough cleaning of rooms between patients and undertaken with approved Covid-19 disinfectants and cleaning products
- In the event of a Covid positive patient attending the clinic, Synergy Physio may have to temporarily close for deep cleaning and we therefore may have to reschedule your appointment. If this needs to happen, our staff strive to provide you with the most notice possible and to reschedule you at your convenience
Here at Synergy Physio, both patient and staff health and safety is our top priority. Please help us to keep the risk of transmission low and to keep everyone safe.
New services to support your health!!
Our entire team has worked collectively to ensure we also have online telehealth services to assist you. If you are in isolation or high risk, and at home without any support, this means that you are now are able to contact our team and schedule a secure video call connected directly with your physiotherapist at the click of a button! Read more here about how this works or simply watch this video here. Our video consultations benefit women’s heath, post operative care, chronic pain management and acute injury for diagnosis and also management advice.
Our team has also spent many hours developing and creating exercise videos with you in mind, to be able to look after your health from the comfort of your own home- these short videos will accompany all individual video consultations to help guide your recovery. We have also created a library of longer exercise videos to help you through any time of isolation. These will be included in our clinic newsletters as well as our Synergy Physio VIP Group on facebook.
We have also developed online classes so you can continue to ensure your health throughout this time- contact us for more details!!
We trust this assists you in understanding what we’re doing here collectively as a team to ensure your health is looked after.
Take care, if there is anything you need to support your health please feel free to contact us.